The Right Honourable the Earl of Dunmore
The Right Honourable the Earl of Erroll
The Lord High Constable of Scotland; Senior Great Officer of the Royal Household in Scotland
Scottish Week Patrons
* Sir Wayne Broun of Colstoun and
* Mrs Rosemary Nicolson Samios of
* Mr Laurie Ferguson MP
Lachlan Macquarie Patron
Professor The Honourable Dame Marie Bashir AD CVO
ABN: 63 074 358 702
The Secretary: Susan Cooke
PO Box 787, Civic Square ACT 2608, Australia
The Public Officer: Nea MacCulloch
9/61 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089, Australia
Scottish Australian Heritage Council Objectives:
- To foster within the Commonwealth of Australia that heritage brought to Australia by Scottish immigrants.
- To maintain within Australia the heritage of Scottish Australians including music, literature, culture, language and history.
- To encourage the continued use and survival of Scots Gaelic.
- To remind Australians of Scottish heritage of their heritage and to lift the perception of the Scottish heritage.
- To promote and organise events which aid in the maintenance in Australia of Scottish music, literature, culture, language and history.
- To support and to help other Scottish organisations with any of the same objectives.
- To join in the celebration of Scottish festivals celebrated internationally including Tartan Day.
- To promote liaison between groups and societies in Australia of Scottish Heritage, or which celebrate Scottish heritage.
- To encourage, support and promote the genealogical and historical research and study of their Scottish ancestry by individuals, families, clans, and other Scottish societies.
- To hold events to lift the recognition and public perception of Australians of Scottish heritage including, whenever possible, a week of concentrated event, including Sydney Scottish Week.
- To affiliate with such other organizations as the council may from time to time think relevant to the objects of the council including, without limiting the such affiliations for the future, the Celtic Council of Australia and the Ethnic Communities Council of New South Wales.
- To promote assist or donate towards any research or other cause, which assists the objectives of Council or is otherwise for the welfare of Australians of Scottish heritage or descent or which otherwise promotes the public perception of Australians of Scottish heritage.
- To raise and disperse funds for the furtherance and attainment of these "objectives."
The Scottish Australian Heritage Council was founded in Sydney on 18 June 1981.